This policy explains how and why we use personal information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are Elastribution a trading division of Plastribution Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (Company No. 1461218) with its registered office at Clinitron House, Excelsior Road, Ashby de-la Zouch, Leicestershire LE65 1GJ.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Information we may collect from you
Information collected directly from you
We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Your name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Elastribution.co.uk (“Site”) or by corresponding with by phone, e-mail or otherwise, for instance, through surveys.
We may also collect information when you:
- Register to use the site,
- Search for goods,
- Request a quotation via the site
- Participate in our blog or other social media functions on the Site;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; and/or
- Report a problem with the Site.
Information collected automatically
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP) referring and exit website, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data and other applications.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behaviour on the Site, to improve our product and services ad to gather demographic information about our user base. Information collected via Third parties We may collect the following information via trusted third parties who provide services to you through different websites we operate or other services we provide including business partners, sub-contractors, (including those providing payment and delivery services), advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and website, hosting and maintenance providers.
How we use your information
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or to the extent necessary to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- comply with a legal duty
- remember your preferences e.g. if you ask not to receive marketing material, we will keep a record of this, or
- for our own (or third party’s) lawful interests (such as marketing, internal record keeping, market research or to improve our products) provided your rights do not override these.
We will only use your information for the purpose it was collected (or for similar/related purposes). For our clients, this includes using your personal data to the extent necessary to perform our contractual obligations (such as administering their accounts and providing them with services).
Legal basis for us processing your personal data
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via e-mail or post.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time and where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after your consent is withdrawn.
We collect and use your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with your duties and exercising our rights under a contract for sale of goods to you;
- complying with our legal obligations; or
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests including but not limited to;
- selling and supplying goods and services to you;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services; 2
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints and disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Plastribution, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Plastribution;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Plastribution; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
- Service providers in order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with members of our group and some of our service partners including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them in relation to processing or delivering your goods.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engines providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Other third parties Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below and we will never sell or rent your data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may, however, share your data with:
- Prospective sellers or buyers, if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to a prospective buyer or seller
- Prospective third parties which acquire our assets, if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be transferred to the third party acquiring our assets.
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- In order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Plastribution, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- Where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and customers.